How do you define eleven?
- A university degree.
- Five professional positions, with five different organizations.
- Two houses, built with our blood, sweat and tears.
- A family member with a serious ongoing mental illness.
- My own struggle with depression and anxiety.
- Cancer, a brain aneurysm, and quadruple bypass heart surgery.
- Vacations to the Bahamas, Cuba, Las Vegas, Florida, the Maritimes, Victoria and Vancouver.
- A diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease.
- Seven scrapbooks filled with images and words to tell our story.
- Two glorious, beautiful sons.
- Two year-long, sleepless and overwhelming maternity leaves.
- Three different daycare providers.
- A long , drawn out and emotional battle over a motorcycle. (He eventually won).
- Too many commutes to count.
In the end the end I realize there is more to this journey than can easily be defined.
Thank you for everything my love, for all that you do and for being my best friend. There are no words that describe what you mean to me.